Re: [Openvpn-users] automatic reconnect? (Mac/tunnelblick)

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] automatic reconnect? (Mac/tunnelblick)
  • From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 15:10:53 -0600

Some new info on an old thread...

David Balazic wrote:
> see the restart options (in the manual)
>
> David
>
> ________________________________

I'm still not sure what was going on, but it had something to do with
installing the twonky media server _and_ the tunnelblick GUI - and
perhaps having parallels and/or vmware installed with their host
interface support.   Running openvpn from the command line with the same
options as suppled by tunnelblick seemed to work for long intervals
without the disconnects, but when running under the GUI it would
periodically stop with an entries like this in /var/log/asl.log:

[Time 2007.12.13 13:29:38 UTC] [Facility daemon] [Sender mDNSResponder]
[PID -1]  [Message getifaddrs ifa_netmask for vmnet1(9) Flags 8863
Family  2 172.16.201.1  has different family: 0] [Level 3] [UID -2] [GID
-2] [Host Jill-Mikesells-Computer]

followed by:
[Time 2007.12.13 14:22:47 UTC] [Facility daemon] [Sender openvpn] [PID
1196] [Message SIGTERM[hard,\] received, process exiting] [Level 5] [UID
-2] [GID -2] [Host Jill-Mikesells-Computer]

The demo interval on the twonky media server expired and I removed it
from the system startup - and now after a reboot I am no longer seeing
the disconnects or those mDNSResponder events in the logs.  On a perhaps
  related note, twonky itself had problems with the media player (a PS3)
connection unless configured specifically to use the ethernet IP address
as its source and their support forum mentioned the extra interfaces
that parallels/vmware create as the reason.