Re: [Openvpn-users] Filter on tap device

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Filter on tap device
  • From: Marco Fretz <mailinglist@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2008 19:54:39 +0100

ur right. that will be the best thing. i thought it will be fine to
start the openvpn server on demand with inetd, but that wont work
because openvpn over inetd can only run in peer-to-peer mode and not in
server (bridging mode) :(

maybe i need some ports opened from the openvpn "groups" (processes) to
the server. routing / bridging between the groups is not needed cause
all clients that have to see each other are in the same group with
client-to-client switched on.
the only ugly thing is: i need to run each openvpn instance / group on a
different port or ip. or is there any other possibility?

is there any solution to force a client to reconnect on a different port
depending on the username / CN?

thanks a lot
 marco