Re: [Openvpn-users] Filter on tap device

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Filter on tap device
  • From: Marco Fretz <mailinglist@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 22:54:30 +0100

hello

ok thank u for that information. but i think the problem with ebtables
will be that client-to-client traffic is blocked and ebtables cannot
forward (after passing the filter rules). or am i wrong?

the problem is that openvpn does this client-to-client forwarding inside
the openvpn process. such client-to-client traffic wont leave the tap0
(where the ebtables is applied) interface. right?

but anywasys ill have a look at ebtables. thanks

@janjust
i cannot code C :( shame on me :(

another idea was, to start an openvpn process for each client and then i
can filter / bridge between the clients with brctl and ebtables.

as u maybe know i need the following: about 5-10 "groups" of clients.
all clients in the same group should "see" each other. clients from
group1 and group2 a.e. must not see each other.

is it possible to run about 10 openvpn instances with about 100 clients
in TAP mode?

thanks and kind regards
marco