Re: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn tutorial for Fedora?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn tutorial for Fedora?
  • From: Markus Feilner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:13:01 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 3. Januar 2008 00:43:48 schrieb Timothy Murphy:
(...)

> I don't think there can be anything wrong with my firewall,
> or I wouldn't have got this far.
>
> But I am using shorewall on my desktop,
> with the two added lines in /etc/shorewall/rules
> ------------------------------
> ACCEPT          net             $FW             udp     1194
> ACCEPT          $FW             net             udp     1194
> ------------------------------
>
> Again, any help or advice gratefully received.

Hi Timothy,

just to make sure:
Have you tried and started tcpdump on both sides of the tunnel?
This tool shows you if packets arrive on the other side or not.
Thus you can find out, if there is a routing, a firewall issue or a openvpn
problem...
Keep me up-to-date with your progress!
:-)

--

Best Regards - Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Markus Feilner