Re: [Openvpn-users] Filter on tap device

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Filter on tap device
  • From: Jan Just Keijser <janjust@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 01:36:33 +0100

Hi Marco,

please explain:

"with Client-to-client deactivated all clients can only see the server"

that's exactly what it is supposed to do... this means all
client-to-client traffic IS blocked. Isn't that what you wanted?
I agree, filtering client-to-client traffic is not possible (either in
tun or tap mode) but blocking is definitely possible. Note that blocking
client-to-client traffic will and should also imply that all
broadcast/multicast traffic is blocked. That's the way it is supposed to
work ;-)
if you want to block/filter only non-broadcast traffic then I guess you
will need to patch openvpn itself. It will have quite some performance
impact however, as each packet between 2 clients will need to be
inspected: that tends to slow things down...

HTH,

JJK