Re: [Openvpn-users] rolling my own openvpn windows xp package

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] rolling my own openvpn windows xp package
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:25:54 +0100

Hi $Dave

Dave wrote:
> Hello,
>     I'd like to roll my own xp package. My goal is to give a single
> executable file to an end user, he double clicks it, it installs, and he
> right clicks on the OpenVPN Gui in the systray, selects connect, and he's up
> and running.

This is the standard behaviour of the installer

>     I read this article:
> http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9766/sam0506a/0506a.htm
> but the links pointed for nsis and the openvpn source and gui returned 404
> errors.

They may be wrong, why don't you use the ones from openvpn.net? Most of
the time it is worth the effort to go to the original site.

I'd also like to use the latest nsis

Google is your friend ... http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

, openvpn and gui sources.

> anyone have a procedure for this using the latest sources?

The installer scripts are to a large extent self-explanatory. If you
have specific needs, then you will have to tell the community. This is
rather vague.

OpenVPN mailing lists