Re: [Openvpn-users] rolling my own openvpn windows xp package

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] rolling my own openvpn windows xp package
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2007 14:25:54 +0100

Hi $Dave

Dave wrote:
> Hello,
>     I'd like to roll my own xp package. My goal is to give a single
> executable file to an end user, he double clicks it, it installs, and he
> right clicks on the OpenVPN Gui in the systray, selects connect, and he's up
> and running.

This is the standard behaviour of the installer

>     I read this article:
>
> http://www.samag.com/documents/s=9766/sam0506a/0506a.htm
>
> but the links pointed for nsis and the openvpn source and gui returned 404
> errors.

They may be wrong, why don't you use the ones from openvpn.net? Most of
the time it is worth the effort to go to the original site.

http://openvpn.se/files/

I'd also like to use the latest nsis

Google is your friend ... http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Main_Page

, openvpn and gui sources.

http://openvpn.se/files/

Does
> anyone have a procedure for this using the latest sources?

The installer scripts are to a large extent self-explanatory. If you
have specific needs, then you will have to tell the community. This is
rather vague.

cheers