[Openvpn-users] client connection restricted by commonname

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] client connection restricted by commonname
  • From: "Dave" <dmehler26@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:48:27 -0500

Hello,
    I've got a new openvpn setup. I want to make a user ccd based on the
common name in the client key. If the user with the client key having the
commonname of client2 connects i want several things to happen. First, that
connection is given a sepcific ip, secondly, that connection can only
utilize one machine on the vpn and can not see others say the samba server,
and lastly, has a client connect and client-disconnect script that is run on
connection/disconnect that maps or unmaps a network drive. For example, the
user with the key having the common name client2 connects, is given
10.8.0.8, can ping only 10.8.0.5 the samba server, can only see that machine
if does a net view, and has a network drive letter of m: mapped to a share
on said samba server. Is this doable?
Thanks.
Dave.