Re: [Openvpn-users] Filter on tap device

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Filter on tap device
  • From: Marco Fretz <mailinglist@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 15:13:44 +0100

ok, i ll try it and give feedback to the mailinglist.

i think it wont work cause TAP "bridges" the clients together and TUN
with client-to-client routes the clients together... there is no reason
that traffic from client A to client B have to come out of the tap
interface. and so i cant filter with iptables cause the forward chain
only applies to forwarding traffic (from one to another interface). right?

anyways i ll try it :)

thanks