Re: [Openvpn-users] revocation without the crt file

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] revocation without the crt file
  • From: Jan Just Keijser <janjust@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:32:23 +0100

Hi George,

if you still have all the <N>.pem files then you can do something like

for i in keys/*.pem
do
  echo -n "$i: "
  openssl x509 -in $i -subject -noout
to find the subject name of the missing certificate. Once you have found
it, you can then revoke the certificate using "standard" openssl commands:

  openssl ca -revoke <file>
  openssl ca -gencrl

and use the appropriate .crl file in your openvpn server setup.

HTH,

JJK