[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN sizing question

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN sizing question
  • From: Ming-Ching Tiew <mctiew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 00:31:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

I have a sizing question with OpenVPN. I would like to
support about 1000 users, and I am using shell scripts
on Linux to search through flat file for user login
and password and others. I don't want to use database
to store these information as it will require more
maintenance and setup. I would like to know if OpenVPN
will have problem support that number of users on a
decent multiprocessor machines - linearly search
through the 1000 lines when users login using shell
script. I am going to run multiple instances of
OpenVPN to take advantage of the multi processor

Perhaps I would consider using simple non-RDBMS method
to store and search these records. But I haven't found
anything yet. Simplicity is a factor which I hope to
achieve as well. I check the time the system searches
linearly through the 1000 records, it's very fast. But
here I am testing on a single user.

Also I would like to know besides the bottle neck on
the shell script searches of text file, is there
anything else which could be bottle neck.

Best regards.

OpenVPN mailing lists