[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN - Windows Routing Issue???

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN - Windows Routing Issue???
  • From: John Bailey <jbailey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:13:08 -0500

Okay, it is official, I am now bald. I finally pulled the last follicle of
hair from my head trying to get OpenVPN to work.....well, work the way I
want. I've read just about any and every FAQ and How-To I can find to no
avail.

I have OpenVPN working in that I can create the tunnel and I can ping all
the other clients also connected to the OpenVPN server. However, I can't
ping the OpenVPN server nor can I access or ping anything on the office
internal network. When I bridged the server's physical NIC and TAP NIC, I
also update the registry with the routing fix I've seen is suggested for
Windows.

It has to be something simple I've missed. Can anyone shed light on why I
cannot ping/access any machines on my internal physical network from my
OpenVPN clients?

Greatly appreciated in advance!!!

General Info:

- All Windows XP Pro machines
- Internal Office Network (10.11.100.xxx)
- OpenVPN Network (10.13.100.xxx)

1.2.3.4 (ISP Static IP)

DLink DIR-655 Router
  10.11.100.xxx
 Internal Network
  10.11.100.1 is
 Default Gateway

WinXP File/OpenVPN Server
 Physical NIC 10.11.100.15

WinXP OpenVPN Server Config
port 1194
;proto tcp
proto udp
dev tap
;dev tun
dev-type tap
dev-node OpenVPN
;dev-node OpenVPN-Bridge
ca ca.crt
cert mercury.crt
key mercury.key  # This file should be kept secret
dh dh2048.pem
;server 10.13.100.0 255.255.255.0
server-bridge 10.13.100.1 255.255.255.0 10.13.100.50 10.13.100.100
;push "route 10.13.0.0 255.255.0.0"
push "route 10.11.100.0 255.255.255.0"
client-to-client
ifconfig-pool-persist ipp.txt
keepalive 10 120
tls-auth ta.key 0 # This file is secret
;cipher BF-CBC        # Blowfish (default)
;cipher AES-128-CBC   # AES
;cipher DES-EDE3-CBC  # Triple-DES
comp-lzo
max-clients 5