Re: [Openvpn-users] Linux: Is there a way to remove client tun interface when Internet interface is unplugged?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Linux: Is there a way to remove client tun interface when Internet interface is unplugged?
  • From: Heather Lockridge <heathlock_1997@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 12:16:57 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to all your suggestions.  I wound up doing this outside of openvpn.  I did a simple script run from cron that stops openvpn on the client machine if an IP on the internet is not pingable.   By doing this, I can stop the client openvpn if the ping doesn't get a reply.   This also removes the tun0 interface which is what I want.  Then later if that site does answer a ping, then I start openvpn again.

Heather~