Re: [Openvpn-users] Execute external program before creating tunnel

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Execute external program before creating tunnel
  • From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 17:02:09 +0000

[ Worth keeping this on the list ;) ]

On Dec 11, 2007 4:06 PM, Matthias Fechner <idefix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Rob,
>
> silly questions doesn't exist. :)
> The problem is, that the proxy only allows connections to port 80 and
> 443 ... so I use ... ssh ...to go around that problem.

That seems like a good reason.  The only solution I know of (assuming
that the "--up" command happens to late to help) would be to wrap your
call to OpenVPN in a script that would perform this for you.  To keep
any GUI working you'd probably want to rename the openvpn binary, name
the script the original name of the binary and pass all command line
arguments over to the new binary (if you follow what I mean).

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.