Re: [Openvpn-users] Temporary host definitions

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Temporary host definitions
  • From: Jan Just Keijser <janjust@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 13:28:52 +0100

depends a bit on your client OS, but in most cases, adding an option

push "dhcp-option DNS DNS-IP"

to the server config file should do the trick, where DNS-IP is the IP
address of your server side LAN.
Alternatively you could add

dhcp-option DNS DNS-IP

to your client config file as well of course, but as this is a server
side settings it makes much more sense to add it using a push.

Jesper Taxbøl wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I have setup a OpenVPN solution, and I am very satisfied with the solution.
> I have one problem though. When I use the VPN client from home, I need
> to write the IP address of the hosts on the server side LAN. I guess
> this is because I use my normal DNS from home, and it does not know of
> my VPN LAN servernames.
> So my question is this: Is there a way to make Server side VPN names
> resolvable on the client. E.g: Could I define hostname-IP definitions
> in the client config in some way.
> Thanks in advance
> Jesper Taxbøl

Openvpn-users mailing list