Re: [Openvpn-users] Can not get openvpn client working

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Can not get openvpn client working
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2007 12:07:26 +0100

Hi Gert

Gert Koning schrieb:
> Hi all,
> I have been struggling for days now to get a straight forward openvpn
> client setup to work - to no avail. I am trying to connect to our office
> where they run an openvpn server. Different colleagues succesfully connect
> to the office this way.
> I am running Ubuntu 7.04 with kernel 2.6.20-16-generic on a laptop,
> connected wireless (device eth1) to a DSL modem. IP address is provided by
> DHCP and is mostly  The internal network at the office is
> in the range.
> This is my openvpn configuration, supplied by our network guys:
> And no route has been added:
> root@sjert-laptop:/etc/openvpn# route -n
> Kernel IP routeing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
>   U     0      0        0 eth1
>     U     1000   0        0 eth1
>         UG    0      0        0 eth1
> The network guys at the office seem to have run out of ideas. Is there
> anybody out there that can point me into the right direction?

There are a few things you can do

First a shot in the dark... remove the user and goup directive from the
client config and see if there is any change.

Then you should look at your server log if any information shows up for
that particular client.

Further, follow the packet trail, use tcpdump to see what is happening
to your connections.

Openvpn-users mailing list