[Openvpn-users] Connection time

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Connection time
  • From: Todd Huang <huangtodd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 11:05:48 +0800

    I am a newbie in using OpenVPN, and I am now trying to setup an OpenVPN
connection between two devices.

    After issuing the command "openvpn --remote server --dev tun --ifconfig" in the client side, I find the client starts sending some
packets (about 10) immediately to the server. About 4 seconds later, the server
 side will send an OCC (OpenVPN Configuration Control) packet to the client side,
and the client side will respond with its configuration immediately. After 5
seconds later, the client side will also send an OCC packet to the server, and
the server will respond with its configuration.

    It seems that these two devices might take 10 seconds to complete the
connection establishment, and I am wondering if the connection time could be

    Is the above operation controlled by timer? Is there any parameter used to
configure this timer? How could the connection time be shorter?