Re: [Openvpn-users] redirect-gateway + http-proxy + ppp problem

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] redirect-gateway + http-proxy + ppp problem
  • From: Jan Just Keijser <janjust@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 13:32:11 +0100

Hi Laurent,

the messages seems pretty clear: when you're connecting using your ppp
interface then openvpn cannot determine the default gateway on your
network; you need to specify it explicitly or make sure that you *have*
a default gateway when connecting thru ppp.

Laurent GUERBY wrote:
> In the client logs in the ppp case I have a "cannot read current default
> gateway from system" message:
the SERVERIP routing table shows the default GW:
where as with PPP your routing table does not have any 'UG' entries:

> #route -n
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
> UH    0      0        0 ppp0
>         U     0      0        0 ppp0
fix this and your openvpn connection should work...

Openvpn-users mailing list