[Openvpn-users] selective client-to-client

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] selective client-to-client
  • From: Jimbow <jimbow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 15:58:35 +0000

Hi everyone,

I'm running openvpn-2.0.6 server (routed configuration) on FreeBSD and
most clients are the same. I use OpenNMS to monitor a bunch of nodes via
the VPN and my server is configured with a client-to-client option, its
what makes the monitoring possible.

Problem is that only the monitoring server needs to see all other nodes
on the VPN, all other clients should not be able to see each other. This
can be achieved with client-to-client option and then firewalling each
client individually on the server, but that is quite a lot of work.

Is there any way I can selectively configure what nodes can see what
using OpenVPN? How are others dealing with this problem?

All comments equally welcome.

Regards,