Re: [Openvpn-users] After connecting to OpenVPN server unable to browse internet...

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] After connecting to OpenVPN server unable to browse internet...
  • From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:21:55 +0000

On Nov 30, 2007 12:05 PM, toby <toby711@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Rob,
>
> I have included server.conf. I am waiting on remote user to send me their
> log file from C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\log. Will send upon receipt.

I should have said, strip out the comments first ;)  Next time parse
it through the following before sending:

grep -v "^#|^;"

> local 192.168.1.50
> port 1194
> proto udp
> dev tun
>
> ca /etc/openvpn/ca.crt
> cert /etc/openvpn/server.crt
> key /etc/openvpn/server.key  # This file should be kept secret
> dh /etc/openvpn/dh1024.pem
>
> server 10.8.0.0 255.255.255.0
> ifconfig-pool-persist ipp.txt
> push "route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0"
> push "dhcp-option DNS 10.8.0.1"
> push "dhcp-option WINS 192.168.1.117"
>
> keepalive 10 120
> comp-lzo
> persist-key
> persist-tun
> status openvpn-status.log
> log-append  openvpn.log
> verb 6

So, looking at that, you're not directing all traffic through the VPN,
but only traffic destined for 192.168.1.0/24.  Can you confirm that
the remote users aren't also using that subnet?

More detail on the user end problem is also required.  Is it only
browsing that breaks, or do other things fail also (DNS lookups,
EMail...)?

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.