[OpenVPN home] [Date Prev] [Date Index] [Date Next]
[OpenVPN mailing lists] [Thread Prev] [Thread Index] [Thread Next]
Google
 
Web openvpn.net

Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0 - Cannot connect to machines on LAN


  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0 - Cannot connect to machines on LAN
  • From: toby <toby711@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:30:38 -0600

I cannot access by \\192.168.1.117 either.

On Nov 29, 2007 9:20 AM, Jan Just Keijser <janjust@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
if you can ping the samba server you're almost there; try accessing the
samba server using
 \\192.168.1.117

if that works then you have to modify your WINS settings on the clients,
e.g. do something like
 push "dhcp-option WINS 192.168.1.117"

HTH,

JJK

toby wrote:
> Okay, i have included route -n output from vpn server and server B
> (samba server) after doing:
>
> route add -net 10.8.0.0 <http://10.8.0.0> netmask 255.255.255.0
> <http://255.255.255.0 > gw 192.168.1.50 <http://192.168.1.50> (on server B)
> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward (on VPN server/server B)
>
> vpn
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref
> Use Iface
> 10.8.0.2 <http://10.8.0.2>        0.0.0.0 < http://0.0.0.0>
> 255.255.255.255 <http://255.255.255.255 > UH    0      0        0 tun0
> 10.8.0.0 <http://10.8.0.0>        10.8.0.2 <http://10.8.0.2>
> 255.255.255.0 <http://255.255.255.0 >   UG    0      0        0 tun0
> 192.168.1.0 <http://192.168.1.0>     0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0>
> 255.255.255.0 <http://255.255.255.0 >   U     0      0        0 eth0
> 169.254.0.0 <http://169.254.0.0>     0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0>
> 255.255.0.0 <http://255.255.0.0 >     U     0      0        0 eth0
> 0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0>         192.168.1.1 <http://192.168.1.1>
> 0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0>         UG    0      0        0 eth0
> samba
> Kernel IP routing table
> Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref
> Use Iface
> 210.201.x.x 0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0>         255.255.255.248
> < http://255.255.255.248> U     0      0        0 eth2
> 10.8.0.0 <http://10.8.0.0>         192.168.1.50
> <http://192.168.1.50>    255.255.255.0 < http://255.255.255.0>   UG
> 0      0        0 eth3
> 192.168.1.0 <http://192.168.1.0>     0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0>
> 255.255.255.0 <http://255.255.255.0 >   U     0      0        0 eth3
> 192.168.122.0 <http://192.168.122.0>   0.0.0.0
> <http://0.0.0.0>         255.255.255.0 <http://255.255.255.0 >   U
> 0      0        0 virbr0
> 169.254.0.0 <http://169.254.0.0>     0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0>
> 255.255.0.0 <http://255.255.0.0 >     U     0      0        0 eth3
> 0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0>         192.168.1.1 <http://192.168.1.1>
> 0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0>         UG    0      0        0 eth3
>
> I can now ping from VPN client (10.8.0.10 <http://10.8.0.10>) to
> server B but I am unable to connect via \\samba <file://samba/> from
> VPN client.
> On Nov 29, 2007 9:03 AM, Rob MacGregor <rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     On Nov 29, 2007 3:00 PM, toby <toby711@xxxxxxxxx
>     <mailto:toby711@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>     > Yes, i want help. Forgive me, I do know what a network diagram
>     is I was
>     > thinking you were wanting more. Should have had a cup of coffee
>     before I
>     > posted :)
>
>     That's ok, we all have those days ;)
>
>     > internet ----- gateway (192.168.1.1 <http://192.168.1.1/>)
>     >                       |
>     >                       |
>     > ----------------------
>     > |                     |
>     > VPN server     server B
>     > (192.168.1.50 <http://192.168.1.50/>)  ( 192.168.1.117
>     <http://192.168.1.117/>)
>
>     Right, you need to do one of 2 things:
>
>     1) Configure the VPN server to NAT all traffic from the OpenVPN
>     clients.  That's probably your simplest, depending on your OS.
>
>     2) Configure static routes on the gateway (and optionally serverB) to
>     route traffic for the OpenVPN clients via the VPN server.
>
>     --
>                     Please keep list traffic on the list.
>
>     Rob MacGregor
>          Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he
>            doesn't become a monster.                  Friedrich Nietzsche
>
>     -------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     SF.Net email is sponsored by: The Future of Linux Business White Paper
>     from Novell.  From the desktop to the data center, Linux is going
>     mainstream.  Let it simplify your IT future.
>     http://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/8857-50307-18918-4
>     _______________________________________________
>     Openvpn-users mailing list
>     Openvpn-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     <mailto:Openvpn-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx >
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------
> SF.Net email is sponsored by: The Future of Linux Business White Paper
> from Novell.  From the desktop to the data center, Linux is going
> mainstream.  Let it simplify your IT future.
> http://altfarm.mediaplex.com/ad/ck/8857-50307-18918-4
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Openvpn-users mailing list
> Openvpn-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/openvpn-users
>