Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0 - Cannot connect to machines on LAN

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0 - Cannot connect to machines on LAN
  • From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:23:13 +0000

On Nov 29, 2007 3:12 PM, toby <toby711@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay, i have included route -n output from vpn server and server B (samba
> server) after doing:
> route add -net netmask gw (on server B)
> echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward (on VPN server/server B)

You only need the second on the VPN server, but you need to ensure
that both are part of the startup of the relevant system.
> I can now ping from VPN client ( to server B but I am unable to
> connect via \\samba from VPN client.

As Jan has just said, WINS resolution will only work if you've
configured the VPN DHCP server to hand out details of the WINS server.
 Does mapping by IP and/or DNS name work?

                 Please keep list traffic on the list.
OpenVPN mailing lists