Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0 - Cannot connect to machines on LAN

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0 - Cannot connect to machines on LAN
  • From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 15:03:23 +0000

On Nov 29, 2007 3:00 PM, toby <toby711@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, i want help. Forgive me, I do know what a network diagram is I was
> thinking you were wanting more. Should have had a cup of coffee before I
> posted :)

That's ok, we all have those days ;)

> internet ----- gateway (192.168.1.1)
> ----------------------
> VPN server     server B
> (192.168.1.50)  (192.168.1.117)

Right, you need to do one of 2 things:

1) Configure the VPN server to NAT all traffic from the OpenVPN
clients.  That's probably your simplest, depending on your OS.

2) Configure static routes on the gateway (and optionally serverB) to
route traffic for the OpenVPN clients via the VPN server.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.