Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0 - Cannot connect to machines on LAN

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN 2.0 - Cannot connect to machines on LAN
  • From: toby <toby711@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 07:55:43 -0600

Can you assist me in giving you a network diagram?

Thanks.

On Nov 29, 2007 7:19 AM, Rob MacGregor <rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Nov 29, 2007 1:08 PM, toby <toby711@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have OpenVPN 2.0 installed on server A and Samba installed on server B. I
> can connect using OpenVPN GUI for Windows XP to server A but I am unable to
> ping server B. I would greatly appreciate any and all help in resolving this
> issue. I will be more than happy to provide configuration files, command
> dumps, etc.

More useful - network diagram!  It sounds like the OpenVPN server
isn't the default gateway and you've not set up static routes so that
server B knows how to route traffic to the OpenVPN clients.

--
                Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor
       doesn't become a monster.                  Friedrich Nietzsche