[Openvpn-users] Migrate to comp-lzo

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Migrate to comp-lzo
  • From: Fridtjof Busse <fbusse@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:46:10 +0100

Hi,

I have a central server to with several systems connect. Neither the
server nor the clients currently have a comp-lzo setting.
Now I want migrate to comp-lzo (using ccd), but during testing I noticed
that as soon as I put 'comp-lzo no' into the server-config, the clients
cannot communicate any longer.
Now I have a problem: As soon as I put comp-lzo into the server
configuration and restart, the clients are unable to connect any
longer if they don't change their config at the same time.
Even when using a ccd-config ('comp-lzo no' and 'push "comp-lzo no"'), I
have so far been unable to switch the server to comp-lzo without
killing all the clients (which would be a really bad thing), it ends
with an "tun packet too large on write" error on the client-side.
Any way to smoothly migrate to comp-lzo?
Server and clients are all OpenVPN 2.1_rc.

Thanks.