Re: [Openvpn-users] running on same port as NTP

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] running on same port as NTP
  • From: Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:08:24 -0800

Rob MacGregor wrote:

> I've found that having OpenVPN listening on 443/TCP works through just
> about any firewall/proxy server.

True, but I'd rather not use TCP transport. UDP seems to be much
smoother, especially when there are traffic congestions.

I wish there was a way to encapsulate UDP packets in a thin TCP layer,
but bypassing the TCP retransmit and stuff like that. Essentially, just
masquerade as TCP for the firewall's sake, but don't really do all the
TCP stuff at the transport level.

--
Florin Andrei