[Openvpn-users] Remote address conflict (Was: Possible minor bug with IP aliases)

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Remote address conflict (Was: Possible minor bug with IP aliases)
  • From: "Erhard Weinell" <weinell0707@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 15:07:30 +0100

Greetings again,

my last problem got solved by using the 'local' directive in the server config. Sorry for the 'possible bug'.

However, I got another problem regarding routing. Setup: 'Road warrior' connects to the office network through the OVPN server on, using tap setup. Road warrios get an ip of the range .240 to .254. and should be able to reach all machines inside the office network. Relevant config lines:

Problem: Clients get a proper address assigned, and a route is added to on tap0. OVPN on client side outputs a warning:
  --remote address [] conflicts with --ifconfig subnet
  [,] -- local and remote addresses cannot be
  inside of the --ifconfig subnet.

I understand this issue, BUT I would like to create an additional route on the client, i.e. to using the current default connection. If I do this manually (e.g. route add default gw, the vpn connection works fine. Is there a config directive to do this automatically?

OpenVPN mailing lists