Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN on FreeBSD server and Windows client

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN on FreeBSD server and Windows client
  • From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:59:31 +0000

On Nov 21, 2007 3:45 PM, Greg <gsmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I need to setup remote vpn access for a Windows client.  I have OpenVPN
> server running on a FreeBSD box.  The Windows client is unable to connect as
> they receive the following error:
>
> WARNING: 'dev-type' is used inconsistently, local='dev-type tap',
> remote='dev-type tun'
> WARNING: 'link-mtu' is used inconsistently, local='link-mtu 1576',
> remote='link-mtu 1544'
> WARNING: 'tun-mtu' is used inconsistently, local='tun-mtu 1532',
> remote='tun-mtu 1500'
> WARNING: Since you are using --dev tap, the second argument to --ifconfig
> must be a netmask

Hmmmm, it looks like your Windows client is using a config other than
the one you think it is.  What version of Windows are you using and
what OpenVPN client?

Oh, and the documentation advises the use of UDP, for a number of
reasons.  Unless you have a very strong reason, I'd suggest you use
UDP instead of TCP.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.