[Openvpn-users] OpenVPN on FreeBSD server and Windows client

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN on FreeBSD server and Windows client
  • From: "Greg" <gsmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:45:36 -0000

Hi

I need to setup remote vpn access for a Windows client.  I have OpenVPN
server running on a FreeBSD box.  The Windows client is unable to connect as
they receive the following error:

WARNING: 'dev-type' is used inconsistently, local='dev-type tap',
remote='dev-type tun'
WARNING: 'link-mtu' is used inconsistently, local='link-mtu 1576',
remote='link-mtu 1544'
WARNING: 'tun-mtu' is used inconsistently, local='tun-mtu 1532',
remote='tun-mtu 1500'
WARNING: Since you are using --dev tap, the second argument to --ifconfig
must be a netmask

Even though I have specified TUN at both ends, this still doesn't work.  I
am relatively new to this and really like to get some expert help!!!

Thanks,
Greg

Server.conf file:

management localhost 7505