Re: [Openvpn-users] very slow connection....help!

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] very slow connection....help!
  • From: Jan Just Keijser <janjust@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 09:45:29 +0100

so this is not really an openvpn issue, I gather. What happens if you do
a "simple" scp between the DSL isp and the cable isp? if that also
stalls then I guess you have to start complaining to either isp... if
scp won't work then try setting up a bogus web server on one end and do
a wget from the other end.
come to think of it, there's a pretty good chance that TCP traffic will
work and that UDP traffic is horrible (this is still bad from the isp
side but it happens) . In that case, try adding
  proto tcp
to the server and client config files and try again. Then again, running
openvpn over TCP means you're effectively running TCP-over-TCP , which
is a "Bad Thing".