[Openvpn-users] One user having problems with OpenVPN, Remote Desktop

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] One user having problems with OpenVPN, Remote Desktop
  • From: JJB <onephatcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:17:32 -0800

We have one user who is unable to use OpenVPN from one machine.  From
the other machine he is able to connect, but cannot use Microsoft Remote
Desktop over OpenVPN to get to our DMZ servers, but is able to use RDC
to get to the LAN, and then RDC from his workstation back to the DMZ.
Other people do not have this problem.

The gateway server is running Shorewall and OpenVPN. It has an ethernet
interface for the internet connection, and two more interfaces for the
DMZ and the LAN network. Traffic is allowed from the LAN to the DMZ, but
not from the DMZ to the LAN, so DMZ servers cannot connect to LAN
servers, but LAN servers can connect to the DMZ.

One of the errors he has forwarded to me is from his windows event log:
(from the machine that won't connect at all)

Source DHCP
Event ID 1002

Event log error:

The IP address lease for the Network Card with Network Address
(XXXXXXXXXXXX) has been denied by the DHCP Server (The DHCP
Server sent a DHCPNACK message)

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Openvpn-users mailing list