Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN and Samba over Tun.

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] OpenVPN and Samba over Tun.
  • From: "Rob MacGregor" <rob.macgregor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 19:59:09 +0000

On Nov 19, 2007 6:59 AM, Dave <dmehler26@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>     Thanks for your reply. Can i get a look at your config? I'm still not
> getting this. My external client still can't ping any vpn ip's on the
> internal lan's ip space. I'd like to compare what you use, especially if
> it's working to mine, which is not.

The only potentially relevant lines are:

keepalive 10 60
ping-timer-rem
persist-tun
persist-key
push "dhcp-option DOMAIN my.domain"
push "dhcp-option DNS 192.168.0.1"
push "dhcp-option WINS 192.168.0.1"
push "dhcp-option NTP 192.168.0.1"
push "dhcp-option NBT 2"
comp-lzo
persist-remote-ip
float
push "redirect-gateway"

>From XP or Vista I can map drives by using the full DNS name.
Checking another VPN I connect to (and map drives by using the full
DNS name) - the output of ifconfig/all on Vista simply shows that
NetBIOS over TCP is enabled.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.