Re: [Openvpn-users] vpn tunnel slow in one direction

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] vpn tunnel slow in one direction
  • From: "Matthias Teege" <mteege@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:50:07 +0100

On Nov 17, 2007 5:56 PM, Prasanna Krishnamoorthy <prasanna79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is one of the machines significantly slower at encryption performance
> than the other?

No both machines are equal and the load is near  zero. I made some
more tests and
it looks like an mtu problem. Here the transfer time for a 3MB
testfile with different
fragment settings. Mssfix is enabled.

default: 263.11s
1400:102.34s
1350:75.24s
1300:112.73s
1200:39.33s, 45.50s, 30.68s
1100:20.70s, 28.43s, 24.74s
1000:92.67s, 107.50s,

The other direction has constant between 14 and 15s which is ok I think.