[Openvpn-users] Can openvpn server reach the subnet of client?

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Can openvpn server reach the subnet of client?
  • From: "H.H. Ding" <hhding.gnu@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2007 13:06:17 +0800

My aim is:
My client C is in a private network, It access internet via
NAT. I want to access the private network my client is in. I have a host
S which can access from internet.

So, I run a openvpn server on S, and I run openvpn client on C. Then I
can access C from S. The Address of S is, and I config ppp
address of C in ccd

So, I try to add route: ip route add to via dev tun0
and faild with RTNETLINK answers: Network is unreachable. Only chiose
for me is: ip route add to via dev tun0. As after ip
package pass the, the next hop is unknown and so that I can't
reach the private subnet in C.

Should I run another vpn on S to connect as client to get full
access of private subnet in C?

Thanks for any advices.

OpenVPN mailing lists