Re: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn and Vista / Samba Authentification

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn and Vista / Samba Authentification
  • From: "Martin Eder" <meder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 20:19:17 -0500

Hello Jan,

I tried your suggestions.

Changing the network type (customize) to 'private' on both the lan
(wireless) and TAP interface did not make a difference.

With the Firewall on or off I still have a problem attaching to the samba
shares.
I did find some documented VPN problems with Vista64, dunno if it is
related, but the symptons are the same.
<http://www.vistax64.com/vista-networking-sharing/65552-vista-vpn-issues-rem
ote-subnets.html>

Any way using the TAP tunnel for remote access works (I'm using it to type
this message from home on the laptop running Vista) and At the moment this
is all the user plans to us it for.

If I find a solution, or if the long awaited SP1 for Vista solves the
problem I'll post the results.

Again, Thanks

Martin