[Openvpn-users] Openvpn not always working - dns problem

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn not always working - dns problem
  • From: "Jeff -" <unix_core@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 10:05:27 -0700

OpenVPN always connects without problems.   Sometimes it seems DNS resolution works and sometimes not.

Our LAN has a subnet of 192.168.150.X and OpenVPN uses 10.8.0.X.

In the DNS on the LAN I created an A record to send all 10.8.0.X traffic back to the Gateway which is running OpenVPN.

Even when DNS resolution does not work, pinging the IP addresses within the LAN works.

Using WireShark on the client and tcpdump on the Debian gateway, I captured all the activity for a working and non-working situation.

Here are the tcpdumps and more information in a zip file.

What is wrong with my setup?   Does anyone see why my connection is not consistent?   Thanks.

electronic air cleaner Free Shipping
As Heard on Paul Harvey. Tens of Thousands Sold. Free Shipping.

OpenVPN mailing lists