Re: [Openvpn-users] gopenvpn & sudo

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] gopenvpn & sudo
  • From: Paul Engel <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 07:26:20 -0500

I can try a NOHUP script, (haven't played with NOHUP) so I don't leave terminal open, but then I have to run it by hand every time I startup so I can give sudo my password, (isn't that why we have startup programs).  The gopenvpn install add's itself to the startup, but it doesn't work.  It was only me playing around to figure out it's a permission problem.

Ross Cameron wrote:
Why not just write a small script that does the sudo (make sure u're
in sudoers and can run any and all commands without a password) and
just call the script instead?