Re: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn and Vista / Samba Authentification

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Openvpn and Vista / Samba Authentification
  • From: Jan Just Keijser <janjust@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:38:51 +0100

Hi Martin,

just talked to a guy here who's unfortunate enough to have Vista ;-)
he says the firewalling rules in Vista have changed compared to XP: if
you haven't done anything special, then all OpenVPN connections are
mapped as 'public' and are hence in the most stricted firewall zone.
Samba traffic is most likely not allowed in that zone; try moving your
OpenVPN connection to a different firewall security zone.

HTH,

JJK