[Openvpn-users] TLS Error: TLS handshake failed

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] TLS Error: TLS handshake failed
  • From: "Siegfried Heintze" <SHeintze@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 17:26:04 -0800

I had openvpn working in bridging mode and suddenly, for no apparent reason yesterday, it has stopped with the error in the subject line. (well, actually, the client keeps trying to connect repeatedly but it never makes a connection). I have rebooted all the machines. I’m using bridging mode, although I have been successful in routing mode too in the past. Nothing is working presently.

I can ssh into the other machines across the public internet using the external public IP address. I have not touched any of the configuration files.

I checked the ovpn, crt and key files and they don’t appear to be corrupted. I checked the firewall settings on the server and 1194 is still opened. I don’t believe I need to worry about the hardware firewall on the client side, do I? My client-side Windows XP software firewall is off.

My client side openvpn was downloaded last week. The server side is much older. It was working fine!

Does anyone have any ideas about what could have changed?

Thanks,

Siegfried