[Openvpn-users] gopenvpn & sudo

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] gopenvpn & sudo
  • From: Paul Engel <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:16:17 -0500

I saw a note in the archive that gopenvpn doesn't need to run as sudo,
but when I run it that way I get a Segmentation Fault.  If I run it with
sudo it works fine.  Unfortunately the startup applet that's installed
doesn't run a root and when I try to setuid on gopenvpn I see the GTK
cannot be run with setuid.

Help please... I use OpenVPN to multiple servers and having to leave a
terminal open while running is distracting.

Thanks.

--
Paul Engel
Overall Computer Geek