[Openvpn-users] Issues with ifconfig-push

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Issues with ifconfig-push
  • From: Yan Seiner <yan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 06:23:07 -0800

I've had two instances now where a client will send a reset when the
server pushes a fixed IP address.

The behavior is that the client will continue to reset & retry for some
length of time, and then the IP will 'stick' and from there on there are
no more problems.

Also, changing the server config from sending a fixed IP via
ifconfig-push to using its own DHCP makes the problem go away.

I've seen this on two platforms - one a MIPS board (running linux) and
the other a winXP laptop.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Unfortunately I don't have client-side
logs, so it's difficult to provide any additional info.

All the machines are running 2.0.6.