Re: [Openvpn-users] change size of secret key

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] change size of secret key
  • From: "Dave" <dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 17:17:07 -0600

Title: Message
'parts' of the value in the secret key file are used for different purposes.  so no you arent' doing 2048 bit encryption by virtue of having a 2048 bit file.

I can't recall the details, but there is an ancient post that explained.  in that post, the original poster was suprised that damaging part of the file didn't seem to break the encryption, but that was just because he was damaging a part that wasn't being used for the encryption he was doing in his scenario.