[Openvpn-users] fc6->ubuntu:default route changed

I just moved from fc6 to ubuntu. I moved /etc/openvpn from one to the
other, and now my openvpn isn't working as I expect.

Can someone tell me what I've done wrong?

The problem is that the default route is being changed to go through tun0 :

[on ubuntu]
Nov  9 16:20:25 jeeves ovpn-client-emdigo[10893]: route add -net netmask gw

while before, it would fail :

[on fc6]
Nov  8 17:14:47 jeeves openvpn[1988]: /sbin/ip route add via
Nov  8 17:14:47 jeeves openvpn[1988]: ERROR: Linux route add command
failed: shell command exited with error status: 2

I was kind of relying on it failing before, and now it isn't, it doesn't
work as expected, sending all traffic for it's local network through tun0.

Can someone tell me how to fix this? Perhaps there's an option to stop
it from adding a default route?

The reason I have the tunnel is so that I can route specific
networks/hosts through the vpn tunnel, and leave other ones to go the
normal route.

Openvpn-users mailing list