Re: [Openvpn-users] Multiple subnets connected with OpenVPN problem

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Multiple subnets connected with OpenVPN problem
  • From: Drew Gibson <drew@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 13:48:50 -0500

Tony Cimello wrote:

I’ve got three different companies that are on three different subnets, with three different Windows AD PDCs.  The VPNs are setup, and you can ping by IP between them.  You cannot resolve names however.  Also, when accessing the VPN from home, you can only access the “main” office, none of the others.  Because of this limitation I’m the only one who uses the OpenVPN, while my users have to use MS VPN PPTP  client.  Here’s the layout:

Company A:

IP: 10.0.0.0/24  GW: 10.0.0.254  PDC/DHCP Server: 10.0.0.2

Company B:

IP: 192.168.2.0/24 GW: 192.168.2.1 PDC/DHCP Server: 192.168.2.254

Company C:

IP: 10.0.1.0/24 GW: 10.0.1.1 DHCP Server(No domain controllers at this location) 10.0.1.1

So my problem is twofold.  How do I pass names between these locations, and how do home users access everything?

Name resolution is a Windows/AD issue and I try not to deal with that stuff any more, but you should be able to add a record to the DNS server that redirects queries to an alternate name server for specific domains.

Not sure if this applies to the net to net tunnels but for home user access, how about ...

# Uncomment this directive to allow different
# clients to be able to "see" each other.
# By default, clients will only see the server.
# To force clients to only see the server, you
# will also need to appropriately firewall the
# server's TUN/TAP interface.
;client-to-client

regards,

Drew