Re: [Openvpn-users] ethernet bridge on single nic

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] ethernet bridge on single nic
  • From: Gustavo Verduzco Vazquez <gustavo.verduzco@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 14:03:51 -0600

As far as I know there's no problem with having a single nic on your
PC because when you install OpenVPN it will create the Win32-TAP
Adapter which can use any ip network you want, so if you are running
the server on your PC, clients will connect to the TAP adapter,
already bridged to your Local Area Connection with a native Windows
Ethernet Bridge or using a software solution like Ethernet Bridge 2.0.
The server will DHCP to connecting VPN clients an IP address on its IP
network from a specified pool in server.ovpn config file.

I have that setup and works fine with Ethernet Bridge 2.0

Regards,
--
Gustavo Verduzco Vazquez
ComXInt Consulting S.A.

Quoting Ian Archer <ian.archer.am.i@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I'm trying to get a bridging setup.
>
> The server only has a single nic, and is on the 192.168.1/24
network.
> The clients are within the same 192.168.1/24 (I'm doing VPN because
> this is an open network).
>
>> From what I understand, the server must bridge on a subnet which
is
> different from the client connection path.  In other words, the
VPN