[Openvpn-users] Very strange connection problem

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Very strange connection problem
  • From: "Pieter Temmerman" <bocalinda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 23:32:16 +0100

Hi guys,

I have an openvpn server running on an OpenBSD 4 machine and am using Packet Filter (PF) as firewall.
Everything seems to be running fine and fast when I connect with an openvpn client.
However, when more than 1 client is connected (lets say 2), the other client is experiencing lag, and eventually the client resets the connection because of a timeout. After the client reset (reconnect) the connection works ok again for a while and starts lagging again till the next automatic client reset.
I should have enough bandwidth for a lot more users (I got 2Mbit/s upstream), so I think bandwidth is not the problem.
I tried connecting from different clients (Linux and Windows) and different machines...the result is the same = 1 client works perfectly, but a second one messes up the connection.

If anybody knows a good way how to debug this..please tell me..I'm kinda desperate.
In case anybody wants to help, please do not hesistate to ask more details (such as scripts, firewall rules, logs, etc)

Thanks a lot!