Re: [Openvpn-users] Endpoint selection

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Endpoint selection
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 21:07:40 +0100

Stiegler, Rene schrieb:
> I am new to the list.
> Basically, I would like to install a simple server with multiple
> clients.  However, I want to be able to assign the private IP addresses
> to the clients.  I am using the sample configuration files found in the
> How To section.  The only difference is that I created my ccd folder and
> client files.
> I can get one client to successfully connect but the second client
> fails.  The error message is:
> There is a problem in your selection of --ifconfig endpoints
> [local=, remote=].  The local and remote VPN endpoints
> cannot use the first or last address within a given subnet.
> I ran the openvpn --show-valid-subnets command and I thought I
> understood the output and I adjusted my private IP addresses
> accordingly.  However, I still am not successfully in getting the second
> client to connect.  When I comment out client-config-dir ccd command
> both clients connect successfully.
> Any thoughts?

Rather clear diagnostics isn't it. You cannot use those addresses, use 1nd

Tne netmasks defines a subnet with only _four_
addresses. Neither the first one can be used as it is the network
address, not the last one because it is the broadcast address, which
leaves you with the remaining two.

Openvpn-users mailing list