Re: [Openvpn-users] Troubleshooting OpenVPN client at inaccessible remote site

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Troubleshooting OpenVPN client at inaccessible remote site
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:57:46 +0100

Hi

Drew Gibson schrieb:
...>
> I have used OpenVPN for several years at home and in multiple commercial
> installations without significant problems. Google searches produced
> more pages of source code than real world issues.
> Any pointers or assistance in narrowing down the actual issue would be
> appreciated.

Just guessing

You stated that everything is the same with the exception of the new
location, hence the internet connection is different, so I would bet
this is where we have to look.

Looking at your logs I believe I can deduct that you are tunneling
through TCP. If this is the case I would suggest to try UDP... ah I see
you are using TCP from the config files :-). If you still have access to
the old type of line, please try to reactivate ssh to regain control
over the OpenVPN client. If security is foremost, I would suggest to
limit ssh access to a certain address or subnet, restrict it to rsa
authentication only and limit the number of tries per minute to
something small enough to fend of these awful dictionary attacks

HTH

Erich