Re: [Openvpn-users] Troubleshooting OpenVPN client at inaccessible remote site

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] Troubleshooting OpenVPN client at inaccessible remote site
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 21:57:46 +0100

Drew Gibson schrieb:
> I have used OpenVPN for several years at home and in multiple commercial
> installations without significant problems. Google searches produced
> more pages of source code than real world issues.
> Any pointers or assistance in narrowing down the actual issue would be
> appreciated.

Just guessing

You stated that everything is the same with the exception of the new
location, hence the internet connection is different, so I would bet
this is where we have to look.

Looking at your logs I believe I can deduct that you are tunneling
through TCP. If this is the case I would suggest to try UDP... ah I see
you are using TCP from the config files :-). If you still have access to
the old type of line, please try to reactivate ssh to regain control
over the OpenVPN client. If security is foremost, I would suggest to
limit ssh access to a certain address or subnet, restrict it to rsa
authentication only and limit the number of tries per minute to
something small enough to fend of these awful dictionary attacks

Openvpn-users mailing list