Re: [Openvpn-users] IP reservations ignored if dhcp-option is used

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] IP reservations ignored if dhcp-option is used
  • From: Gustavo Homem <gustavo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:56:31 +0000

Replying to myself:

> As we can see from the logs, a connection with the Windows client doesn't
> trigger an OPTIONS IMPORT.

I was tricked by the windows client. He typed the username with different case
combination so that name didn't match the ccd file. The problem is that the
authentication does not fail because the backend (Active Directory) doesn't
seem to be case sensitive.

So indeed the IP reservations work as expected if the case is correct.

Is there a way to prevent a client not listed on ccd/clientname from ever
getting an IP (even if the authentication works)? It would fix this scenario.

Best regards

> If I remove the push "dhcp-option DNS" from server.conf, the IP
> reservations work fine both on windows and linux.
> Any ideas?
> Best regards
> Gustavo
OpenVPN mailing lists