Re: [Openvpn-users] 2.1_RC4 customizable NSIS package?

  • Subject: Re: [Openvpn-users] 2.1_RC4 customizable NSIS package?
  • From: Erich Titl <erich.titl@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:41:16 +0100

Ruben Puettmann schrieb:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 04:24:51PM -0400, Cirroc wrote:
>> Is there a version of the 2.1_RC4 customizable package, similar to the
>> ones at
>> http://openvpn.se/files/howto/openvpn-howto_roll_your_own_installation_package-Rev1.1.html
>> It looks like someone hacked instructions for modifying the original at
>> http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/06/14/279 , but if there were
>> an approved version, I'd prefer to go that way.
>

> I have ask the same for some month's and get no answer. Looks bad
> Building Windows Installer on linux would alѕo be a very nice feature.

Well, OpenVPN is open source, you can build the installer any way you
like. Just publish it and maybe someone is clapping his hands. Else at
least you have the installer the way you want it.

Quite some time ago I suggested to make the installer multi language and
provided a few language files for german. It was rather frowned upon, so
I will probably have to redo it all the time.

cheers