[Openvpn-users] Internal server behind openvpn not working

  • Subject: [Openvpn-users] Internal server behind openvpn not working
  • From: Julian Llanten Trujillo <jllanten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 16:04:52 -0700 (PDT)

I'm not sure if this is up to openvpn, bridge or iptables. I installed a bridged openvpn 2.7 in a FC4 and it's been working withouth problems. People are connecting  to it from many places and they have full access to the internal network. But a couple of days ago i installed another web server in my internal network, and had the ports redirected with iptables (DNAT) to the internal server. But it's not working. I installed other server (ftp server) in the internal network and again, nothing , nobody can access an internal server from outside.

But i found that if the vpn (with the bridge) is down everything works fine and i can access them with no problem.

After running a sniffer i found that packets arrive to the internal network (TCP SYN) , are sent to the internal server, it answers with SYN-ACK but the packet is lost between eth1 (br0) and eth0  while eth0 being external and eth1 being internal (br0 is the rbidge interface).

I have no idea why they're getting lost. Isn't it supossed iptables to nat the first SYN signal ? i check /proc/net/ip_conntrack and nothing is stored there (but the packets are arriving to the internal server and are getting lost in the eay back).

I appreciate if any one can help me with this. I read some thread but i found nothing about that.

      Combattez les méchants pourriels... Le filtre SpamGuard vous aide à lutter efficacement contre les pourriels sur le Tout-nouveau Yahoo! Courriel

Openvpn-users mailing list